Sunday, July 27, 2008

Blog #3: Almost There



I am currently sitting at an empty gate at Dulles Int'l in D.C.
The sun is just rising over my shoulder...
and the colors scattered across the sky are stunning.


AHH, I cannot believe the grand adventure has finally begun!!!!


Before I go on...
My deepest, most sincere THANK YOU TO SO MANY OF YOU for contributing financially and ever so lovingly in moral support and prayer to this journey.

Not only did I reach my fiancial goal to cover the actual trip but I am encouraged to tears by the the ongoing emails of love and belief in me. To say I am blessed is the understatement of the year. So much love has been poured into me and I am a rich-in-love-woman. As corny as that sounds, I feel even more so that longing to give away what I've so graciously been given...

[Note: Though all other expenses are covered, I am still raising support towards paying off my plane ticket if you feel led to help]


I have many personal emails to still send and a "thank you" blog coming but please know in the meantime how very cherished your love and support is me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday was a day of the most rushed, up-to-the-last-minute packing of my entire life, as well as a wonderful day of being prayed for and sent off so lovingly by my immediate family and IC family. I was taken to the airport by the dear and beautiful Lauren Henke. As predicted my bags were insanely overweight. I couldn't help but laugh inside at the many raised eyebrows of those checking me in as I swung open my bags, only for them to see globs of hair product to account for my overweight luggage. After paying a hefty overweight fee for each, Lauren sent me off at the security checkpoint, with a loud holler across the airport of, "Don't fall in love with Rwandan men!" I teared up and smiled, with only the thoughts of how much I love and am going to miss my friends.


I am waiting to board my flight to Addis Ababa in another two or so...


I feel jittery, excited, tearful, homesick [yes, a little] and with all this, in my heart, I feel God smiling,
saying, "Daughter this is the unfathomable you asked me for. You delighted in me and here are this is only the beginning of the desires of your heart."

This is a "coming alive" experience in the making...

I cannot wait to share these adventures with you all.

Please stay tuned.


Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
- Harold Whitman


2 comments:

Elora said...

My dear sister, I am so blessed to know you.

Anonymous said...

rachel. i am so excited and stoked that the ideas we talked about that so-long-ago-but-seems-like-yesterday dinner in san diego. you are going to show the goodness of our God to so many women in rwanda. i am praying for you and cannot wait to see how everything turns out:) i love you! ~joleah

Help Rachel In Rwanda!