Thursday, July 16, 2009

Exciting news!!!!!!!!!!!

After alot of contemplating, planning, salon interviews, etc., we have found a continual group of stylists who've expressed the deepest interest and commitment and have proven themselves worthy to be mentors this upcoming year with Remba. Although we have had these competitions planned, there was an obvious divide between those who were ecstatic and those who were purely in it for the title. In essence, we decided to fore go the last few competitions and do an continual interview process to determine our mentors. So far we have three mentors hired that will begin training with Remba in the fall. Coincidentally those three individuals are the the three stylists' pictures in my blog below! CRAZY!

We are actually relieved with these changes, not only due to time, resources and logistics but the fact that we get to full time into finding our aspiring stylists - the women who need and desire the opportunities most to merge into the beauty industry! Amanda and I will continue to meet with a few organizations and cooperatives this week!

Ricky and Natalie are hard at work on the Remba promo and I am so appreciative! We've all pulled a few near-all nighters. I can't wait to show you all!

I could not be more excited for what is happening in the states! Cortney, Jenna and Claire are working day and night to promote Remba as well as prepare for a Remba Benefit Fashion Show on July 24th!


Not to mention they are accumulating an incredible team - Brissa, Anatashia, Tuesday & Ashley! I am so incredibly grateful and I know what a vast impact all our work will make for these women!

Alexis gets in soon and I am jumping out of my skin! Pray for her - I know she has much to do before coming! :)

More updates to come soon!

No comments:

Help Rachel In Rwanda!