To My Dear Friends & Supporters:
Please allow me to start off this blog with a big, fat, awesome
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Your support, prayerfully, morally and financially, has not only been vital to this project but has also meant the absolute world to me!
Seven months ago, God brought to life the dreams and desires of my heart that He had planted in my mind years before; all that time prior I couldn't imagine a way it'd ever be possible. I was always aimless in college yet couldn't figue how directly serving the people I loved while being a hairstylist; apart of an industry and art that seemed so far removed...
Needless to say, He laughed at that one and proved me wrong. Ever since this project has come to life, it has been nothing but continual...
.freefalls of faith.
.unexplainable miracles.
.uphill emotional, spiritual, mental, and physical battles.
.my doubts proven wrong...again and again.
.long hours in front of the computer of research and emails.
tears and heartache.
.beautiful divine appointments.
.severe disapproval from loved ones.
.money coming from the most unlikely places.
.miracles, miracles, and more miracles.
Everyday, I am entertained by an image / analogy that continually comes to mind...
of being thrown over someone's shoulder by surprise and they take off running. You have no idea where they're going, you're going, or what's happening, you're just forced to go along for the ride. And what a beautiful ride it's been...never have I been so certain of His place for me and my trust heightened with every experience, every miracle...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I am down to the wire...I leave in 13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My itinerary is as follows...
United Airlines UA 238
Departing San Diego, Saturday, Jul 26 10:20PM
Arrive Dulles Intl Washington D.C.
Sunday, Jul 27 6:15AM
Ethiopian Airlines ET 503
Departing Dulles Intl Washington D.C.
Sunday, Jul 27 10:05AM
Arriving Bole, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Monday, Jul 28 8:20AM
Ethiopian Airlines ET 807
Departing Bole, Addis Ababa
Monday, Jul 28 10:00AM
Arriving Kigali, Rwanda
Monday, Jul 28 11:25AM
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What I still need:
1) I have about an essential $1,100-ish left to raise. If you feel led, by all means, go for it and I thank you so very much in advance!
[For the most part you all have gone crazy in booking appointments before I leave but for those of you who haven't, I AM available when you're available to get yo hair did! Just call me!]
Please know too, that even if you can't contribute now, your continued support of money and prayer will be very much needed and appreciated as time goes on!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2) A video camera of some sort.
I have continually put it off but He keeps putting it on my heart that I need to tell these women's stories. That it will in fact be essential in coming back for these pitches to donors and investors.
If we can work out a contract, I'd be ever so happy to committing to its care as well as committing to replacing it if something happens.
3) Your support...love...prayers. ALWAYS!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you or anyone you know can provide such, that would be absolutely amazing!!!!
Please email me at rachelburney86@gmail.com with any questions or comments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."


No comments:
Post a Comment