To all whom find their way to this page, whether my best friend, family member or a person I met on the street, I sincerely thank you and welcome you!
These entries are intended for all who wish to keep in touch and up to date on my journey with this wonderful project. I feel deeply honored and privileged that God has given me a place to serve and be used. I am looking forward to sharing it all with you, so if I don't have your email, be sure to send it over so I can notify you of updates!
Things are so crazy now adays that I only get to explain so much in passing, rather than a coffee date with you like I'd prefer, we'll just have to settle with this. So here it goes -- read on for the intro to this crazy project!
[and if we don't know one another well and you're wondering how the heck I even got to this point, please visit backstory blog!]
Back in January, through a crazy and divine series of events, God merged my path with an amazing woman named Samantha Blair, a hairstylist in NYC and a non profit, Sisters of Rwanda. Sisters of Rwanda is working on the ground in Kigali, Rwanda with women just out of prostitution providing sustainable economic opportunities as well as education, health care, counseling, etc. Along with these already operating income generating projects, their desire has been to implement a school and salon in Kigali for these women and the already existing hairstylist community there. Samantha and I are heading this up as the "salon coordinators".
The small but mighty, amazing SOR staff works day and night, dedicated to their work and to these women. With being up to their necks in work, they've allowed me the incredible opportunity to come to Kigali to help the process of this project along quicker. This will consist of anything from research, surveying, meetings with stylists and government officials, to securing a location, etc. I will be throwing myself 100% into this project; it will be my full time job for about 8-9 weeks that I am there!
BUT I NEED YOUR HELP!
If you feel led, I am still in need of $2,000-$3,000 and would be forever grateful if YOU could help me in this!!! I've even calculated that if each of my friends donated $5-10 bucks, this will cover the costs!
I would need the money no later than July 20th, 2008 as the tentative date I am leaving is July 26th, 2008 and will be there through October 1st, 2008.
If you have any questions about finances, I'd be happy to send you a breakdown of my expenses. The fact that I am doing this voluntarily keeps this number high!
------------------------------------------
Thank you again for reading. If you feel led to contribute, 1) thank you does not even begin to describe it and 2) there are two options of contributing
------------------------------------------
Contribution by Pay Pal below
or
please check out "See Her Jewelry" that is assisting me in my journey to Rwanda http://www.seeherjewelry.blogspot.com/

No comments:
Post a Comment