Now adays, I am always being asked where I am off to next,
what plans are in store for the beauty academy
and what became of my trip in Rwanda this summer!
For this, I sincerely apologize for my lack of updates and thank all of you wholeheartedly for your patience and continued love and support in this.
To my loyal supporters, financially and morally:
I am not certain I could ever begin to repay you nor begin to express my utmost gratitude. No images or words could be put to the impact you made in my life and what your support enabled me to do in Kigali with KEZA. Please know - it was worth every penny, every ounce of love and every speck of struggle to make that initial trip. When I look at the last year and a half, I find endless examples of God's faithfulness. My heart gushes; because no matter what, He is always there, always evident, always faithful. The things He'll do with a willing being who asks is always immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Better than any story, dream, or adventure I could have planned. I am brought to tears at the daily miracles I get to witness. Throughout my young adolescent years, even going to Africa, I had difficulty believing in God and His goodness...and yet continually, He stuck close and kept proving Himself. At every turn He was working, doing the unexplainable. My faith is continually strengthened and sustained from what I've experienced and seen Him do.
It's been a long and exhausting six months since getting off the plane in San Diego, from Kigali, Rwanda. Things are always going, moving, and unfolding but at such a slow pace. I have days of utter apathy and anxiety at my work load and others days of joy for my work, awe and amazement; where I step back and look at what the heck I am apart of. I feel honored that God would even include me in on it...
For those of you curious about the specifics of my trip, please read my extensive blogs written from Rwanda below. I wrote my heart out while I was there and am grateful for all that I learned.
In a nutshell, I fell in love with KEZA, the work they're doing, the directors and the women. Overall, I can confidentally say I love who I am doing this with and who I am doing this for. I learned about about a beautiful country Rwanda is and that out of a such a horrendous past, it is rising up and becoming Africa's leader in development. Most of all, I was blown away by its thriving beauty industry. I met several stylists and was inspired by what I learned...
I am humbled and excited to have the title of KEZA's Coordinator and Director for Remba - which in Swahili means "to make beautiful, to beautify, to decorate"
...In short, Remba is a mobile beauty academy for the established and aspiring African stylist. It will start in Rwanda and spread throughout the continent for years to come. .I am ecstatic to share the following link / proposal, as it is the result of all I learned...
what plans are in store for the beauty academy
and what became of my trip in Rwanda this summer!
For this, I sincerely apologize for my lack of updates and thank all of you wholeheartedly for your patience and continued love and support in this.
To my loyal supporters, financially and morally:
I am not certain I could ever begin to repay you nor begin to express my utmost gratitude. No images or words could be put to the impact you made in my life and what your support enabled me to do in Kigali with KEZA. Please know - it was worth every penny, every ounce of love and every speck of struggle to make that initial trip. When I look at the last year and a half, I find endless examples of God's faithfulness. My heart gushes; because no matter what, He is always there, always evident, always faithful. The things He'll do with a willing being who asks is always immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine. Better than any story, dream, or adventure I could have planned. I am brought to tears at the daily miracles I get to witness. Throughout my young adolescent years, even going to Africa, I had difficulty believing in God and His goodness...and yet continually, He stuck close and kept proving Himself. At every turn He was working, doing the unexplainable. My faith is continually strengthened and sustained from what I've experienced and seen Him do.
It's been a long and exhausting six months since getting off the plane in San Diego, from Kigali, Rwanda. Things are always going, moving, and unfolding but at such a slow pace. I have days of utter apathy and anxiety at my work load and others days of joy for my work, awe and amazement; where I step back and look at what the heck I am apart of. I feel honored that God would even include me in on it...
For those of you curious about the specifics of my trip, please read my extensive blogs written from Rwanda below. I wrote my heart out while I was there and am grateful for all that I learned.
In a nutshell, I fell in love with KEZA, the work they're doing, the directors and the women. Overall, I can confidentally say I love who I am doing this with and who I am doing this for. I learned about about a beautiful country Rwanda is and that out of a such a horrendous past, it is rising up and becoming Africa's leader in development. Most of all, I was blown away by its thriving beauty industry. I met several stylists and was inspired by what I learned...
I am humbled and excited to have the title of KEZA's Coordinator and Director for Remba - which in Swahili means "to make beautiful, to beautify, to decorate"
...In short, Remba is a mobile beauty academy for the established and aspiring African stylist. It will start in Rwanda and spread throughout the continent for years to come. .I am ecstatic to share the following link / proposal, as it is the result of all I learned...
Remba Summary
The beauty industry is quite possibly one of the most secure and rapidly growing industries in Africa today. Remba’s purpose is to create sustainable careers and inspire unity within the beauty industry. By bridging the gap between the international beauty industry and Africa's beauty industry, we will provide resources, nationwide competitions and ongoing education. Remba will function as a mobile beauty academy, building up existing beauty industries and extending thriving careers to unprivileged women. We desire to unite and empower the established and the aspiring stylist through the avenue of cosmetology as teachers, mentors and esteemed members of society. Remba exists to embrace and elevate the beauty and brilliance of East Africa.
www.remba.org
My Next Estimated Departure Date: May 27th, 2009
Destination: The beauty industy of Kigali, Rwanda
The Team: Alexis Blackmon, Rachel Burney, Amanda Flores, Jenna Matcham, Ricky Norris, Seth Johnson, with guest artists throughout the year such as Clint & Genoa Norris, Jackie Reinhart, and many more
Remba's Immediate Needs:
- Corporate Sponsors for the first year of funds for Remba
- 3 Corporate Sponsors
- 20 Scholarships
- Product and Equipment; continuing existing relationships and beginning new ones with all majo
Vist www.remba.org for more info!

No comments:
Post a Comment